Tuesday, February 15, 2011

surrounded by tempting merchandise

     So recently I read a book called "Dateable" and in this book it presented an idea that I've agreed with for a long time. The idea was, that women, while complaining about men all being gross and drooling over them, set themselves up for this. They do so, by dressing in skimpy outfits and displaying the area's of their bodies that turn men on. All I have to say to this is, Don't display the goods if you don't want potential customers to window shop. If you don't want men to look at you in a sexual light, then don't dress in clothing that is meant to show off your junk.
    Don't get me wrong ladies, I'm not saying that men should treat you like a peace of meat even if you are wearing that type of clothing. However, it is human nature, and while as Christians we are called to rise above our human nature you have to make it as easy on us as possible. There's no way you can expect a man not to stare at you in a too tight mini-skirt and a shirt that displays a lot of cleavage.
     These are just my thoughts and opinions, and I don't intend them to sound rude but the truth hurts. I hope that  someone has learned from my random musings over this topic, and I hope that women better understand that men aren't pigs, just shoppers walking through a store surrounded by tempting merchandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment